Solutions Connect Africa is accredited with Services SETA (Accreditation Number 12759) and offers you this accredited course.
Finding the right fit – people who don’t only have the correct academic qualifications and relevant experience, but the right attitude and necessary soft skills – can be daunting. This workshop equips participants with the knowledge and practical skills needed to interview and select successfully by using competency-based techniques to determine if candidates exhibit both the “softer” and “harder to get at” behaviours.
All line-managers, senior managers, HR professionals and anyone who will be required to interview candidates.
2 to 3 Day Workshop
This workshop is aligned to Unit Standard 12140, accredited with Services Seta – no. 12759, and is fully customisable.
Level: NQF 5
- Explaining the various pieces of legislation that impact on recruitment and selection of candidates
- Applying the requirements of the legislation to recruitment and selection practices
- Explaining the competency-based approach to recruitment and selection
- Obtaining the information needed to recruit candidates for particular positions
- Deciding on an appropriate selection procedure and drafting an action plan for the chosen selection procedure
- Preparing the interview and selection criteria for a competency-based recruitment campaign
- Selecting appropriate media channels to use for a recruitment campaign
- Preparing a recruitment campaign budget
- Defining competence and competencies in relation to their use in selection interviews
- Using different types of selection interviews appropriate to the position being recruited for
- Using appropriate questions during the interview to elicit required information
- Using competency-based questions and scoring methods during the selection interview
- Recording the outcomes of interviews to facilitate decision-making about the suitability of candidates
- The impact of legislation on recruitment and selection practices
- Planning and preparing for recruitment and selection. Covers: job analysis of the position, drafting the required competencies (and behaviours) and specifications for different roles and identifying organisational and job-fit requirements
- Drawing up competency-based interviewing guides including asking appropriate questions to elicit strong evidence
- Rating and weighting scales
- Conducting competency-based interviews, recording responses and rating competencies to reach a decision
- Determining whether the candidate has the right skills, knowledge, values and motivation for the position and the company
The manual also includes additional information on:
- Planning and preparing a recruitment plan
- The cost of recruitment, budgets, advertising and general administration
- Initial screening and short-listing techniques
- Conducting references, credit and criminal checks
- Making offers and declining unsuccessful candidates
1-day Customised Information Workshop
This workshop is designed as an introduction to competencies and their use in selecting candidates during the interview process.
R&S Policy and Procedure Review
Conduct a review of the organisation’s Recruitment & Selection Policies and Procedures including an in-depth assessment of their practical application in the workplace.
Produce a bespoke competency library that underpins the organisation’s identified behavioural competencies. If a bespoke library is not an option, a generic library can be supplied that best matches the organisation’s needs. Both the bespoke and generic libraries can be used on an affordable on-line system that will produce customised Interview Guides, manage your recruitment and selection process and store documents.
Participate in and chair interview panels. The process will include a detailed report with recommendations on the process and each competency in relation to the candidates.
Telephonic Interview Bureau
As part of the recruitment and selection process we would offer a competency-based interview bureau that would cut down the face-to-face interview time by vetting candidates’ technical and behavioural skills either telephonically or via online technology.
Executive Coaching & Consulting
Offer interview coaching for Executives and Senior Managers who are having to find the right candidate for a job.
Additional Recruitment & Selection Offerings
In order to offer a seamless Recruitment & Selection Offering we work with specialised business partners who supply the following services:
- Leadership and Technical Assessments – These assessments will be administered within the selection process for development purposes
- Response Management – Sifting through CVs to choose those that meet the minimum requirement of the job
- Vetting Services – Specifically doing criminal checks, credit checks, reference checking and employment confirmations as part of the selection process